2. Title: Senior Account Manager
3. SHIFT Home: San Francisco
4. Hometown: Hesperia, CA
5. Where did you go to college? Pitt (now officially known as the University of Pittsburgh)
6. How long have you worked at SHIFT? 3+ years
7. Use four words to describe yourself. Reader, Writer, Dreamer, Traveler
8. What made you enter the PR industry? Everyone told me that English majors can’t get a job unless you go into PR. When I moved to SF, I looked into PR agencies but as a copywriter didn’t have any professional experience in an agency setting. A friend of a friend was hiring ACs and because I could write, the rest is history.
9. When you Google yourself, what’s the first thing that pops up? My Twitter handle (@bcaudill)
10. What blogs or Web sites do you read on a daily basis? Oh No They Didn’t, every single night. I am addicted to celebrity gossip. Of course there are the standard websites that apply to all of my clients that I also look at, but y’all already know what they are.
11. If there was a cocktail created just for you, what would you name it? Whiskey – the greatest drink ever created – does not need any other name. But please give me a double on the rocks. 🙂
12. Tell us something unexpected/surprising about you: I met my husband playing beer pong in Pittsburgh while the song “Santa Monica” by Everclear was playing. Four years later I met the band at the Radio Music Awards and got to tell them I had just gotten engaged to a man I met while their song was on the radio.
13. What do you feel is your greatest personal success in PR thus far? There are a lot of little wins that might not seem like a big deal but in the grand scheme of things are. There are also big public wins that it’s easy to brag about because everyone “gets” why they’re wins. But I think my biggest personal success is that the teams I’ve worked with and built have all been very successful and even if I don’t work with those people today, I still call them my friends.