- Name: Emily Adams, @emmyj2890
- Hometown: Hamden, CT
- Where did you go to college: Boston University
- How long have you worked at SHIFT: I started my internship in September 2011 – but I’ve been an AC since Monday!
- What advice would you give to interns considering a career in PR?: It’s really important to have internship experience if you want to work in PR. My advice for interns is: Try your hardest on any assignment handed to you – even if it seems silly or tedious. If you do a good job on those, you’ll be taken more seriously and the more exciting projects will come!
- Use four words to describe yourself: Genuine, considerate, scatterbrained, fun!
- What made you enter the PR industry: I entered BU as a magazine journalism major. After a year or two, I ended up deciding between PR and advertising. I chose PR because it is a nice combo of all the majors I was choosing from! PR requires writing and creativity, but is more social and goal-oriented! My first PR internship was at SHIFT and I loved it here, so I stayed!
- When you Google yourself, what’s the first thing that pops up: Not me!!! I need to boost my SEO.
- What blogs or Web sites do you read every day: Mashable, Twitter…. Perez Hilton
- If there was a cocktail created just for you, what would you name it: A Wild Ginger
- Tell us something unexpected/surprising about you: I’m a left handed redhead. I always thought that was pretty unique, but in an office full of redheads there’s bound to be another lefty! But I played hockey in high school and punched someone on the ice once! I think that’s pretty surprising if you know my personality. Hah!
- What do you feel is your greatest personal success in PR thus far? Getting hired by SHIFT! My career just started, so hopefully I’ll have a long list of PR achievements soon!
Inside the SHIFT Studio: Emily AdamsPublished March 28, 2012 Boston Office , Inside the SHIFT Studio , Public Relations , Q&A 1 Comment
Tags: Emily Adams