We’re sneaking up on the deadline to vote for the speakers and panels you want to see at next year’s SXSW Conference and Festival. As you may know, the always highly anticipated event, which takes place March 8-17, 2013, is made up of music, film and interactive presentations from the top creative and innovative individuals and brands in the world. There were approximately 3,200 speaking proposals submitted for the 2013 SXSW Interactive Festival (more than ever before). If you’re not sure where to start, we’ve pulled together 10 suggested individual and panel presentations featuring some of our clients here at SHIFT.
Disclosure: A few of these panels were submitted on behalf of the SHIFT team. If you like what you see, feel free to show some love and vote! PanelPicker voting closes September 4.
- Appthority (solo): Co-Founder & President of Appthority, Domingo Guerra, will discuss how developers can best monetize mobile apps. Apps Behaving Badly – Developers Gone Wild
- H&R Block (dual panel): H&R Block’s Social Media Director, Scott Gulbransen and Elasticity’s Aaron Perlut will join forces to share how a brand can become more relevant to a young, social consumer. How a Hairy, Sexy ‘Stache Made A Brand Relevant
- Eloqua (panel): How do you measure the immeasurable? How do you quantify creative? A panel made up of speakers from Eloqua, Intel, TheNextWeb and Sevans Strategy will answer these questions for those social media and PR pros out there. How Do You Measure ‘Brand’?
- Zoosk (panel): This panel, made up of speakers from Zoosk, BranchOut and StumbleUpon, will discuss their experiences building social networks focused around specific verticals such as romance, careers and discovery. Let’s Get Vertical: The Next Evolution in Social
- Repair.com (solo): Product and marketing veteran Chris Spanos will discuss ways that companies, especially those playing in the product and service industries, can keep their brand top of mind, even when they’re out of sight. Out of Sight, Top of Mind: Keep A Brand Relevant
- Apperian (panel): This panel will discuss what is driving the “applification of business,” how it empowers employees and transforms the work environment. Applification of Business
- Engauge (solo): This topic will explore what happens when the rise of “making things” combines with a manufacturing revolution. MIY – Make It Yourself
- Limos.com (solo): Chief Product Officer Doug Anderson of Limos.com will discuss how anyone can use and monetize on technology to make a name for themselves as an independent and successful business. How tech slays Goliath: Meet today’s Davids
- PacketVideo (core conversation): Led by Jerome Rota, who manages PacketVideo’s suite of consumer products (including myTwonky), this conversation will offer a platform for attendees to discuss how today’s technologies and social networks are fueling “social curation.” Web Content: Discover. Collect. Share. What Next?
- Merchant Warehouse (dual): In this session, Henry Helgeson, co-CEO of Merchant Warehouse, and Andrew Boch, Head of Operations of LevelUp, will discuss the steps needed to push mobile payments into the mainstream. Pushing Mobile Payments Mainstream